Thursday, August 18, 2011

Food For Thought/ You Are Fat

Not really new News but as you are aware, they are redesigning the nutritional diagram for Americans. By they, I mean Michelle Obama and the USDA. By nutritional diagram, I mean this:

Granted, this is a version that the Federal government spent lots and lots o' dough to develop. They even iBranded it with the name "MyPyramid". Awesome. I am not sure how it is supposed to be helpful unless the person looking at it is really good at fractions or it is coupled with an awful Power Point presentation.



This might look more familiar:

Even this is a fancier version than what I grew up with. New-fangled color photographs. I certainly did worry about yellow fat dots or white sugar triangles. Truth be told, I still don't. Still, I am pretty sure my peers and I were taught enough by our parents and, to much lesser degree, this pyramid on what we might want to think about eating and how much. Remember crying your eyes out because you only got one cookie? Notice, not on the pyramid. Portion control.

The First-Lady, however, has taken it upon herself to teach us all how not to gorge ourselves with sugar, syrupy, snacks....mmmmmmmmmmmmm, sugary, syrupy snacks....

Mrs. Obama knows best and she has headed up a government initiative to redesign the pyramid to make it easier to understand and more striking so as to be a more effect guide. The result?




Pardon me while I eat a quart of ice cream to celebrate this innovative and ground-breaking advancement in food and nutrition science.

No comments:

Post a Comment